Would you like the year 2017 to be happier, healthier, and more successful than the previous years? Here are my favorite tips for busy people to accomplish that. You can implement these tips at any time, but you can also use them as your new year’s resolutions. Remember that it takes time to change old patterns so don’t get discouraged if sometimes you get off the track. Your strength is not in staying on track all the time but in picking yourself up when you fall, as many times as it might happen.
1. Get organized. Clean up your desk, your files, your desktop, and anything around you that overloads your brain and drains your energy.
2. Start planning. Devote a little time in the morning to plan your day, on Sunday to plan your week, and at the beginning of each month to look at your agenda for the month. Good planning strategies will save you a lot of time and frustration.
3. Get more sleep. Many people are sleep deprived; choose not to be one of them. It is tough to be productive and enjoy life if you are tired. Don’t use the 7-8 hours of nighttime for working, searching the Internet, social media, or watching TV. Go to bed early and get up early.
4. Create your community. Surround yourself with positive people and stay in touch with them. We are not designed to live alone – we need each other. Social media don’t do the trick. We need face-to-face contact so we can talk, laugh, feel other person’s energy, and establish deeper connections.
5. Practice gratitude. The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. Your grass is green enough, but you need to stop for a moment and notice it. It is essential to recognize and acknowledge the gifts that you have in your life. It is proven that practicing gratitude will boost one’s energy, as well as improve happiness, physical and emotional health, and chances for success. Don’t miss out – be grateful!
Time goes by very fast. Before we know it, we will be celebrating another new year. Don’t waste your time by chasing someone else’s dreams. You have your dreams, you have your strengths, and you have the power to live your life to the fullest potential.
Wishing You and Your Loved Ones the Best Year yet!